XOrg 7.3

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Thu Sep 6 12:36:57 CEST 2007

Thursday 06 of September 2007 09:48:21 Samuel Verstraete wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As you might either know or not know, Xorg 7.3 (xorg-server 1.4)  is
> about to be released... Of course i will make sure 7.3 will be as fast
> as possible in moonbase.
> As the driver infrastructure has changed once again (input and output
> hotplug support), Current binary blob drivers (NVIDIA and fglrx) will
> not be supported.
> I will prepare the update already but i will only push it
> in moonbase till at least NVIDIA has released a driver that is
> compatible with XOrg 7.3. So please be patient, and don't bump Xorg
> yourself. (the last one is for you florin!)
>
> cheers,
>
> Samuel

Just short information about Nvidia blob.

-it is possible to use current Nivia blob with xorg 7.3 by using -ignoreABI
parameter. (did not tested it with Lunar and do not know what happens after
using it)
-xorg 7.3 support for Nvidia blob is planned for next blob release
-next release is going to be soon (Nvidia has not decided release date yet)
which means "Will be released When it will be ready"

planned Lunar changelog:
next NVIDIA and NVIDIA-beta modules will be the same except NVIDIA-beta will
not use nvidia-installer binary blob as it is now but my home baked install
script.
If someone confirms beta is bugfree eventually they might be merged.
Currently new script works (and install logs are the same) for Xorg 7.0 and
up. Must check it with lower xorg and fix internal nvidia-bug-report script.
Some design optimizations planned for future after this release.

zbiggy