fglrx module

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Mon Oct 29 04:49:32 CET 2007

Saturday 27 of October 2007 21:30:36 Dale Burmeister wrote:
> sure I would love to test it

Ok. New fglrx should come with recent moonbase.
Do lvu info fglrx to make sure it says 8.42.3. If not use lunar update to have
it. If you have not configured Radeon yet run aticonfig --initial after
lining fglrx (it will overwrite previous xorg.conf).

AMD ATI Radeon binary driver update to curent:
*DETAILS rewritten, new info added, checksum added.
*DEPENDS updated - redundand dependency removed.
*BUILD fixed, optimized, rewritten and new features/apps added:
-catalyst control center app and icon
-initial 64bit support
-more cool stuff installed
TODO:
*finish 64bit support
*power management support
*more improvements to BUILD:
-more strict file rights (take away these ugly exec rights on everything)
-forced overwrite of older fglrx specific files

Drop me feedback if it works for you (I have no Radeon so could not test this
module). Send me private e-mail with:
-xvinfo output
-glxinfo output
-fglrxinfo output
-run atigetsysteminfo.sh and send me atisysteminfo-report.txt created by this
script
-fresh /var/log/Xorg.0.log file after running X
-error log if compilation/installation failed
-check in your desktop manager if you see "ATI Catalyst Control Center" icon
in menu. Check if it works. If you use KDE it should be present in
K->Utilities menu. (you have to run KDE as root)
-if you use Lunar in non English language tell me if "ATI Catalyst Control
Center" appears in your native language.

zbiggy