x.org 7.3 patch - someone look at it before commit

Kok, Auke sofar at foo-projects.org
Fri Oct 19 19:53:54 CEST 2007

Zbigniew Luszpinski wrote:
> Little updates for x.org 7.3 Usually conversion from x.org 7.0, 7.1 and 7.2
> modules to 7.3 suite. Because there is plenty of them - someone look at it
> before commit so I can be sure there is no mistake (it is 3 a.m. local time
> so I'm a little bit sleepy). Patch is packed because of big size.

two comments:

1) please don't bzip2 diff/patch files.
2) if you send "cosmetic" changes, please don't mix them with version updates
(xterm). I prefer to see patches like this split up in a
update-a-few-versions.patch and
blanket-change-download-location-and-numbering.patch. that makes it easier to
review and doesn't give unpleasant surprises afterwards because this patch
completely buries any hidden update in the sheer volume of the patch.

> BTW: I found xorg7/driver/xf86-video-i810 module to be legacy. According to X
> docs xf86-video-intel module is new replacement. How about removing old
> xf86-video-i810 module? The same situation is with mailx module which is
> broken - heirloom-mailx module is replacement.

mailx is broken so we can definately remove it. i810 still works and some people
might be just happy with it, so leave it for now - we can remove it later.

Cheers,

Auke