patch for binutils 2.17/2.18

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Thu Oct 4 18:46:23 CEST 2007

Thursday 04 of October 2007 17:16:04 Kok, Auke wrote:
> Zbigniew Luszpinski wrote:
> > This patch fixes binutils compilation error in Lunar.
> > Just save binutils-2.18.patch.bz2 to /var/spool/lunar
> > Then in zlocal edit files by adding to DETAILS:
> > SOURCE2=$MODULE-2.18.patch.bz2
> >
> > to BUILD:
> > patch_it $SOURCE2 0
> >
> > This patch works with binutils 2.18 and may work with binutils 2.17 (not
> > tested).
>
> please don't send patches bzipped. that way it requires me to save them,
> then extract them to view them.
>
> if they are attached as "plain text" attachment I can view them straight
> from my mailer.
>
> Auke

Dear all,

please remember this patch is designed for developers/power users using (or
going to use) binutils 2.17/2.18 only which is NOT in moonbase. That is why
it appeared on dev ML and nowhere else.

Lunar uses binutils _2.16.1_ so almost everybody should ignore this patch as
it will do nothing to this version (and probably will break it).

zbiggy