[Lunar-commits] r26724 - moonbase/trunk/x11-utils/fontconfig

Stefan Wold ratler at lunar-linux.org
Thu Nov 22 07:38:58 CET 2007

> Applying $patch_url patch is to not use docbook-utils by fontconfig so forced
> patching and then asking for optional docbook-utils which will not be used
> thanks to patching is insane.

I know that. I'm talking about having the module as clean as possible.
And that patch does not break anything if you still wish to have the
docs, just don't give the --disable-docbook flag.

> Because building man pages is so minor feature it is not worth asking user. If
> an user is doc reader he/she will have docbook-utils already installed if not
> then not.
> That is why I find my patch optimal: install man pages when user has tools to
> process them otherwise apply patch.

We ask users in other modules if they want to build docs using docbook
so there's no reason _not_ to do it with this module. Consistency for
the win.

--
Sincerely
Stefan Wold