[Lunar-commits] r24295 - moonbase/trunk/web/seamonkey

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at lunar-linux.org
Thu May 3 15:41:04 CEST 2007

Am Thu, 3 May 2007 15:33:02 +0200
schrieb Zbigniew Luszpinski <zbiggy at o2.pl>:

> Thursday 03 of May 2007 14:32:35 Jannis Pohlmann wrote:
> > Is this necessary? Why not set PSAFE=no in DETAILS?
>
> Sure. But first I have to know if it solved Samuel's compilation
> break.

No, this is not how it works. Remember the moonbase is available to
everyone. Here's how you should have done it:

  1. Find out what caused the problem (in this case: parallel makes)
  2. Ask Samuel to test with PSAFE=no
  3. If it does, commit changes to moonbase. If it does not, try to
     find other solutions.

You should not commit changes to moonbase for others to test them.
Committing to moonbase always is the last step at which everything
should be already working.

In this case the changes are less important (only slows down
compilation) but you're advised to do it properly from the beginning
(which also involves settings PSAFE=no rather than adding stuff to
BUILD - like MAKEOPTS=-j1).

  - Jannis