Lin patch: fast dependency resolution

Ben Kelly toxicfrog at funkyhorror.net
Fri Jun 29 16:17:42 CEST 2007

Another patch for lin, this time one that speeds up dependency
resolution dramatically. Currently, lin will resolve dependencies for a
module multiple times (once for each package it's installing that
depends on it), which is why some things (XOrg7 in particular) take so
long to resolve. This patch changes it so that it will skip resolution
of a module if it's already in the is_depends list, on the grounds that
in that case we've already done dependencies for it and thus all its
dependencies should also be in the list.

This one I'm actually not 100% sure of; it seems too simple. I've been
using it on my own systems with no problems, but I'd appreciate it if
someone who groks lin more thouroughly could take a look.

    TF