[Lunar-rfc] full dynamic services file

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Mon Jun 18 01:35:52 CEST 2007

Sunday 17 of June 2007 05:46:32 Kok, Auke wrote:
> > Iana file is now
> > dynamically updated so every new service officially accepted by iana is
> > added to list
>
> that also is completely bullshit. IANA is first of all an arbitrary
> organization that does what it wants. Anything above port 1024 will
> *officially* never be accepted (unless you bribe them, they stopped
> accepting high-port numbers from open source projects at all).

Where I can get open source list of registered ports? Does such
centralized 'open list' exist at all? Maybe I should open 'bug' in Lunar
bugzilla so our Lunar community could gather such open list from users
experience?

It looks there are 3 lists:
1. iana list
2. open source list (?)
3. user list
The 1st one is taken from iana server.
User list will be extracted from what will be found on a machine.

I understand that the merging queue will look like this:
1. user list
2. open source list (if exist)
3. iana list
AFAIK the first matching entry is always taken.

any corrections, suggestions?

have a nice day,
Zbigniew "zbiggy" Luszpinski