[Lunar-commits] r25168 - moonbase/trunk/graphics/libpng

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Fri Jul 20 01:11:50 CEST 2007

Wednesday 18 of July 2007 07:14:52 Kok, Auke wrote:
> really, this kind of optimization is silly. did you measure the performance
> difference? How much is the average user going to benefit from this?

libpng 1.2.18 behaves this way. libpng 1.2.19beta28 is fixed version without
this problem (and patch). There are 4 ways to choose from:
a) revert my patch, leaving MMX support in libpng turned off (as it was
before)
b) leave the patch, (silly or not but does what is made for)
c) update to 2.19beta28
d) ask user during build what he/she would like to have: a/b

Final 2.19 version will appear in few weeks or months.
Choose what you want. I accept what you choose.
I understand that my point of view/patch does not have to be forced to
everyone - zlocal solves such differences.

Zbigniew