[Fwd: [ANNOUNCE] util-linux-ng 2.13-rc1]

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Wed Jul 4 14:37:22 CEST 2007

Wednesday 04 of July 2007 01:35:40 Moritz Heiber wrote:
> Just on a very brief notice: This is not going to get through without
> an udev update (which I will not be able to handle at the moment).
> Please be aware of that as well.
>
> Cheers from Spain .. (yes, I'm very busy)
>
> Moritz

Raw udev (without any Lunar patches) up to and including 113 works very well
in Lunar if someone uses monolithic kernel, or mixed one with all important
code being monolithic. 50-udev.rules uses modprobe.sh and 95-udev-late.rules
uses net.sh scripts. There is no such scripts in Lunar that is why it can
break on non monolithic kernels if hdd support is not compiled in.

modprobe.sh on gentoo seems complicated but its aim is to modprobe modules. We
could write shorter one. e.g. modprobe %1 to emulate gentoo script.

zbiggy