gcc-4.1.1

Jan Eidtmann cmak at lunar-linux.org
Sat Jan 27 11:40:48 CET 2007

On 25.01.07, Auke Kok wrote:

> Dear developers,
>
> since we're getting close to switching to gcc-4.1.1 soon, I recommend that all
> developers switch their main development boxes to 4.1.1. Preferably use `lin -w
> 4.1.1` and then lunar hold it, instead of using the gcc4 module, which won't
> work for a lot of modules.
>
> We need to get all-round testing and fix the last remaining gcc-4.1.1 issues
> knocked out fast.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Auke

i have no main develevopment box, well, i do, but its also
my main "workstation" which i depend on being usable. i
dont want this box to eat my files!! D:
on the other hand i like to break stuff and unbreak it
again when im bored....so that i am at least no longer
bored. anyway, wouldnt this update mean that one has to
rebuild every piece as the new binaries aint expected to be
binary compatible with the currently installed?

 ///
cmak