udev 118

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Fri Dec 28 04:31:51 CET 2007

Thursday 27 of December 2007 17:20:33 Moritz Heiber wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 16:58:04 +0100
>
> Zbigniew Luszpinski <zbiggy at o2.pl> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > udev 118 is the first release without udevstart (really - they
> > removed all code). I have rewritten Lunar boot scripts and udev
> > module/daemon to fully drop udevstart. Since 2 days my machine uses
> > udev 118 without udevstart - removed from everywhere and fully works.
> > If someone is going to make new official up-to-date udev module I can
> > post what I have (only some polishing/cleanups needed :-) ).
>
> Go ahead. I'll take a look at it. Beware though, udev bumps aren't
> easy .. the rules usually need to adjusted. I reckon this one isn't
> going to be an exception.

I know. Before I worked out best solution my Lunar blowed away almost every
experimental boot (5 times!). Now thanks to this best setup is chosen so it
is solid like rock no matter which hardware it finds. I will do rewrite for
udev 117. This one is the last with udevstart. If something fails you will
have easy come back. :-D

zbiggy