[Lunar-commits] r25516 - moonbase/trunk/zbeta/flash-plugin-beta

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Thu Aug 23 09:37:59 CEST 2007

Thursday 23 of August 2007 04:46:13 Jon South wrote:
> Adding a quip about Bill Gates and his "black PR" is neither helpful,
> *nor* on-topic. I dislike misguided comments like this no matter who
> they involve.

Hey do not make gossip. I only wrote mr. B. G. (who perceives Linux as
competition and enemy) would be happy as a possible effect of reading
unfortunate (I hope) misunderstanding of Adobe's release notes creator.
I wrote Adobe is making black PR by placing false statement:
"Hardware scaling is not available on Linux." which may suggest the hardware
scaling is not available on Linux. I filled bug report asking Adobe to change
this false statement to something like:
"Hardware scaling is not available on Flash plugin for Linux." to clearly show
the lack of hardware scaling is explicitly due to software design limitation
of Flash plugin and not Linux limitation as OS (Linux is able to do hardware
scaling using well known X-Video extension). Adobe got bug report when
previous beta was released from me where I:
*gentle asked for fixing this false statement for something more closer to
true,
*described X-Video extension and how its advantages may help Adobe solve high
CPU usage during video playback,
*added links to X-Video related pages, Xv programming docs and examples.
Now another beta is out and I see this false statement in Fixed part so it
will disappear soon.

I appreciate Adobe involvement in making Flash and Acrobat Reader for Linux.
Just only would like to see less controversial release notes.

I hope this clears this unfortunate svn commit description.
I suggest EOT.

have a nice day,
zbiggy