jadetex-3.12 build failure

Dennis Veatch dennisveatch at bellsouth.net
Sat Sep 23 13:01:33 UTC 2006

Getting this error ;

No pages of output.
Transcript written on jadetex.log.
tex -ini -progname=jadetex "&latex" jadetex.ini
This is TeX, Version 3.141592 (Web2C 7.5.4) (INITEX)
---! /usr/share/texmf-var/web2c/latex.fmt was written by pdfetex
(Fatal format file error; I'm stymied)
make: *** [jadetex.fmt] Error 1

So I tried jadetex-3.13 and got the same error. Over at
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_id=2436&max_rows=25&style=nested&viewmonth=200504

is a suggested change to the Makefile. I tried this with a couple of sedits
and jadetex compiles fine now for versions 3.12 and 3.13.

Since doc-tools section has caused a good deal of ire in the past and was more
or less declared hands off. I submit this for further testing.

Here are the two lines I added to the BUILD;

sedit "s:tex -ini:pdftex -ini:" Makefile
sedit "s:pdfpdftex -ini:pdftex -ini:" Makefile

--
You can tuna piano but you can't tune a fish.