linux-wlan-ng-0.2.3.tar.bz2

Auke Kok sofar at foo-projects.org
Fri Sep 1 20:21:12 UTC 2006

Jean Michel Bruenn wrote:
> Hello,
>
> perhaps you don't know - There's an update for it. I can't try it
> cause i don't have pcmcia-cs (Also, pcmcia-cs needs to be a depend
> not optional_depends)
>
> Here's the details changes:
>
> VERSION=0.2.3
> SOURCE=$MODULE-$VERSION.tar.bz2
> SOURCE_VFY=sha1:72fdb2d7af8e071db169b56df594d0ce8a91abc8
> UPDATED=20060901
>
> Someone should possible update it.

the reason that it's no longer updated is because I was one of the few users of
that module, and

1) since then hostap got much better and supports most of the prism cards
2) it got merged into the kernel
3) the orinoco driver also works and is also in the kernel

Basically linux-wlan-ng is obsolete unless you're using wifi on 2.4 kernels. I
doubt that that's many users out there.

Auke