[Lunar-commits] r20207 - moonbase/trunk/audio/gst-plugins-ugly

Chad R. Kittel v3rt1g0 at lunar-linux.org
Thu May 25 13:34:00 UTC 2006

Samuel,

On Thu, 25 May 2006 10:50:01 +0200
samuel verstraete <samuel.verstraete at gmail.com> wrote:

> libid3tag is not optional...
> it has to come with --enable-mad... --enable-mad will not work if
> libid3tag is not installed...

These are the steps and outcomes I got when I was testing this change.

Each step was preformed without gst-plugins-ugly, libmad, and
libid3tag installed I...

* linned gst-plugins-ugly saying 'n' to both mad and id3 .... compiled
and installed without mad and id3 support as expected
* linned gst-plugins-ugly saying 'y' to mad and 'n' to id3 ... compiled
and installed without mad and without id3 support ***
* linned gst-plugins-ugly saying 'n' to mad and 'y' to id3 ... compiled
and installed without mad and with id3 support as expected

So, technically they do compile meaning that things are all
technically optional. However as the *** indicates there is one case
where there is a dependency between dependencies (something lunar is not
programmed directly to handle).  What we have done in other modules,
that had dependencies and/or conflicts with other dependencies, is to
add text to the "question" output.  So I will do that detailing what is
needed.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention!  VERY subtle nuance that
my testing didn't catch.  I appreciate the sharp eyes!

--
  _
(\o/) Chad 'v3rt1g0' Kittel <v3rt1g0 at lunar-linux.org>