KDE changes

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Wed May 17 12:31:36 UTC 2006

> On Wed, 17 May 2006 02:00:19 +0200
>
> Zbigniew Luszpinski <zbiggy at o2.pl> wrote:
> > This redundand --with-xinerama option should be also removed.
> > It does nothing and does not exist in configure anymore.
>
> That is up to Florin to decide. Some other flags like --with-qt-dir or
> --enable-final probably can be removed as well.
>
> I haven't done any changes to the general module internals to be on the
> safe side and to not confuse anyone with module alterings unrelated to
> my plan.
>
> Regards,
>
> Moritz

--enable-final and --with-qt-dir exist in configure, are good and should stay.
I'm for 'general lunar clean up' by removing options which does not exist
anymore because they only make mess. This is sad thing that configure does
not break with error when any stupid configure option is given. I built for
testing purposes arts using --with-Benny-Hill --enable-beer-party options and
build was successful :-(.
The options which does not exist are processed by configure and ignored then.

How about adding to module submission new category:
cleanup: y/n
to report such light, cleanup updates and spelling corrections which does not
impacts on application execution and compability so are easy and fast to
implement. The same is with replacing tar.gz with tar.bz2 where available to
speedup downloads and save space on disk.

have a nice day,
zbiggy