bug report in theedge

Terry Chan tpchan at comcast.net
Sun Mar 19 07:31:58 UTC 2006

>From #lunar:

[01:02] <tchan> gccwrappers doesn't seem to be respected in openldap/DETAILS
[01:02] <tchan> I'm watching the compile fly by with the same optimizations I normally use
[01:09] <tchan> USE_WRAPPERS=no is also not doing anything in openldap. My optimizations are still being used in compile
[01:22] <tchan> found the bug in theedge:  /etc/lunar/local had files named
                optimizations.WRAPPERS,CCACHE,GCC_3_4,GNU_LD,GNU_MAKE that were overriding plain
                old optimizations in /etc/lunar/local
[01:22] <tchan> and running "lunar" and then optimizations did NOT remove those files
[01:23] <tchan> hence my compiler optimizations were still being used and GCCWRAPPERS and USE_WRAPPERS did NOTHING!

So this means if any lunar devs had a copy of theedge that used to create the optimizations.WRAPPERS,
optimizations.CCACHE, optimizations.GCC_3_4, optimizations.GNU_LD, optimizations.GNU_MAKE files,
then your optimizations may NOT be set at what you think they are currently set.

Check in /etc/lunar/local for optimizations.* and just remove those old files!

Terry Chan