udev firmware rules

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Fri Jun 30 10:41:22 UTC 2006

> On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 20:34:15 +0200, Zbigniew Luszpinski wrote:
> > > Hey all, especially Florin and Moe.
> > >
> > > I stumbled across a bug in udev (version 094) today. The background:
> >
> > If you want can send you mine udev, forked from lunar's udev since
> > 087 version because of some things could not accept in official
> > version. One of this things was firmware loader. My udev fork (at 094
> > version now) has firmware loader working, use it to load firmware to
> > my speedtouch 330 ADSL modem every boot. There are some other
> > additional features. All of them however are only to improve
> > compability and usability, so no ugly hacks or something wild/non
> > standard. There is changelog of things different according to
> > official lunar's udev. I fine tune build scripts for every udev
> > release according to udev changelog and release notes so did not
> > encounter any bugs or incompabilites yet using my udev so you can
> > consider it as safe.
>
> Sounds nice. Why not submit it to the lunar ML?
>
> Regards,
> Jannis

I posted my udev on ML when it was at much younger version. The later versions
up to the current one 094 only contain fine tuning for udev changes. The
lunar team has other point of view on udev so don't bother with my fork
updates anymore. You wrote you have problem with firmware loading so I'm
ready to help you with mine udev till official one will be ready for you.

have a nice day,
Zbigniew 'zbiggy' Luszpinski