openquicktime and mpg123

Dennis Veatch dennisveatch at bellsouth.net
Mon Jul 10 17:55:17 UTC 2006

Openquciktime was failing lin because mpg123-0.59r would not compile. The
error was;

as   -o decode_i586.o decode_i586.s
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `\
', needed by `mpg123'.  Stop.

So anyway I tried version pre0-59s, 059pre-p, going back to 59n. None of those
would compile. Though 59m did.

Why is mpg123 a dependency? Afaict there are no ./configure options for it in
openquicktime. Additionally openquicktime source has "audioplugin/MP3/mpg123"
so I do not see the need for the system mpg123.

So I compiled openquciktime without the mpg123 dependency and tried several
mov off the web and they all worked just fine.

Unless I am completely out to lunch here or something overlooked I plan to
remove mpg123 as a dependency for openquicktime.... that is unless there is a
whole lot of barking.