%SSL alias

sofar sofar at foo-projects.org
Tue Jan 31 15:56:56 UTC 2006

On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 13:48:09 +0100, Moritz Heiber <moe at lunar-linux.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to add an %SSL alias pointing to openssl and gnutls as
> some modules are able to make use of either one of them to integrate an
> SSL engine into their code. Mainly, I want to do that because we really
> should get rid of expressions like "If you chose y earlier say n here"
> in DEPENDS files.
>
> gnome-vfs2 is an example. I have yet to find others (I didn't look out
> for any other yet I admit).

gaim

> Any objections? Auke, are you alright with that?

the only problem is that you cannot really choose once you have both mozilla and
gnutls installed. I guess most people will not really care, and be fine with
the code "just randomly picking one", but beware this might bite you in the ass.

I suggest adding it locally and trying it out first to see what I mean ;^)

Auke