1.6.0-i686-rc2

Dennis Veatch dveatch at woh.rr.com
Fri Jan 27 00:56:40 UTC 2006

First let me say, excellent job sofar. The boot up without the root boot error
was gone and got right to the 1st steps of installation without a problem on
my *all scsi box*. :)

Even the partitioning step detected and allowed the selection of /dev/sda
(aic7xxx) or /dev/sdb (ips).

Me having a liking for grub choose that. It seemed to go through the motions
of the grub root, setup, quit part alright but the screen flashed by and
could not tell if it had any problems. It did get "root=/dev/sda3" correct
in /boot/grub/menu.lst.

Now this was done on a drive that had been low level formatted so I know there
was no cruft in the MBR from previous installs. So obviously even though the
install procedure *thinks* grub wrote to the MBR, grub for whatever reason
did not.

If you want a bug report, just holler and I will make it so.

Still in the end job well done.

--
You can tuna piano but you can't tune a fish.