bug: udev does not create /dev/fd pseudo directory

Dennis Veatch dveatch at woh.rr.com
Wed Jan 18 14:36:05 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 17 January 2006 18:59, sofar wrote:
> florin/others:
>
> udev does not create the /dev/fd symlink to /proc/self/fd, which is
> required by (amongst others) bash to do pipe-redirection. This needs to be
> fixed asap so that I can rollout 1.6.0-rc2.
>
> Auke

I know enough about udev to hose it up. Having said that, at one time those
symlinks existed. Found this (granted it's old);

http://foo-projects.org/pipermail/lunar-commits/2004-November/031415.html

I don't suppose it's just a simple matter of? ;

        ln -snf /proc/self/fd $udev_root/fd
        ln -snf /proc/self/fd/0 $udev_root/stdin
        ln -snf /proc/self/fd/1 $udev_root/stdout
        ln -snf /proc/self/fd/2 $udev_root/stderr

--
You can tuna piano but you can't tune a fish.