hal

Dennis Veatch dveatch at woh.rr.com
Mon Jan 16 12:52:52 UTC 2006

On Monday 16 January 2006 03:31, samuel verstraete wrote:
> hi,
>
> I didn't want to screw with the hal module... i hardly understand
> anything about it...
> This morning i had to rebuild hal (due to the expat stuff) and it
> failed to build... again with that dvd_rw stuff.
> I checked the BUILD file and i commented the stuff about
> module_installed kernel-headers-2.6... and hal builds again...
>
> no idea what is going with this thing... i have the kernel-headers
> installed still it builds without the sedit line...
>
> Anyone care to explain why this line is there?
>
> $ lvu installed kernel-headers-2.6
> 2.6.12.0-i386
>
> so it concerns these 3 lines...
>
>     if module_installed kernel-headers-2.6; then
>         sedit "s:SG_FLAG_LUN_:SG_FLAG_UNUSED_LUN_:"
>  hald/linux2/probing/linux_dvd_rw_utils.c fi  &&
>

> gr,S.

I dunno why that's there and have done the samething as you to get hal to
build on 2.6. Maybe it's supposed to be 2.4 headers instead? Dunno about that
either cause I haven't run a 2.4 kernel for ages. Well, except for initial
install with the older ISOs but quickly move over to 2.6.

--
You can tuna piano but you can't tune a fish.