message color with optional depends change

Chad R. Kittel v3rt1g0 at lunar-linux.org
Mon Jan 9 01:17:26 UTC 2006

Auke Kok <sofar at foo-projects.org> [Sun, 08 Jan 2006 16:49:19 -0800]:
> Chad R. Kittel wrote:
>
> >I would like to propose a really small change to the UI when it comes
> >to linning modules and the colors that are displyed.  It just makes,
> >IMO, better use of the colors available to us to visaully markup the
> >output of optional depends questions.
> >
> >If this is okay.. I'll plop this into the theedge cvs.
> >

> sounds good but it should be in MODULE_COLOR (bright white) anyway
> first of all - second of all I think that the bold is too much in
> this part - you have 2 lines of bold cyan text - why not make it
> plain cyan instead (MESSAGE_COLOR) ?

Sorry think you lost me.  Only change I made was to make the cyan
(light blue) color "shorter" (only covers the "(presently installed)"
text instead of the "(presently installed) module" text).  And that is
only in the "already installed" case.  the "not yet installed" case
never had the cyan color and it doesn't still have the color.  So i
don't know where you mean "2 lines of bold cyan" text comes from...

examples:

was:  {BOLD_WHITE}linned_module_name: {BOLD_YELLOW}Use optional
{BOLD_CYAN}(presently installed) module {BOLD_YELLOW}
optional_depends_module_name

Now is:  {BOLD_WHITE}linned_module_name: {BOLD_YELLOW}Use optional
{BOLD_CYAN}(presently installed){BOLD_YELLOW} module {BOLD_WHITE}
optional_depends_module_name

The second line didn't change at all...

the only thing i did was cut back on the blue coloring of the word
"module" to be just like the rest of the sentence (yello) and make the
name of the optional depends be the default module color.  nothing more,
nothing less.

v3rt1g0

--
  _