Warning - major changes to 'theedge' committed

samuel verstraete samuel.verstraete at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 08:22:58 UTC 2006

On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 6:52:30 +0000seems like i'm a fucking idiot... i
didn't read the thing about lunar optimize...

gr,S.
sofar <sofar at foo-projects.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have just committed a 70k patch to moonbase/theedge changing some
> internals drastically. Allthough the code is tested here I have no
> idea how some of the obscure parts of the code will behave with the
> changes I just made. Even though I see no strange behaviour, I kindly
> advise everyone that they should switch to using the 'lunar' core
> tools if they do not want to help testing this code. You can do this
> by just doing 'lin lunar'.
>
> People who update to the new theedge will have to do TWO things:
>
> * install a NEW moonbase after upgrading their 'theedge'
> * run `lunar optimize' before compiling any new modules
>
> allthough everything should still work without these 2 steps, you
> might not get a properly optimized binary result until you have
> performed these actions at least once.
>

> Here's the changelog for the changes:
>
> * New optimization architecture - based on plugins
> * All optimization menu's and code will move to moonbase plugins
> * removed optimize.menu
> * optimize.lunar is now only a plugin stub
> * pre-compile optimizations are set using the BUILD_BUILD plugin type
> * remove 'optimize' main call to optimizations
> * Added "custom_filters" to allow on-the-fly compression of man-pages
> * Attempt to display success/fail log when checking modules
> * small performance tweak to unmap_device
> * bugfix for aliases code (bug was not be noticeable to people)
>

> Enjoy,
>
> Auke

Research group Soil Spatial Inventory Techniques
Dept. Soil Management and Soil Care
Faculty of Bioscience Engineering
Ghent University

Department of Soil Management and Soil Care
Coupure Links 653 - Block B
9000 Ghent - Belgium

Telephone +32(0)9 264.60.42
Fax +32(0)9 264.62.47