XOrg 7.0 module writing

Jan Eidtmann cmak at lunar-linux.org
Mon Feb 27 08:30:41 UTC 2006

Am Montag, 27. Februar 2006 09:08 schrieb Moritz Heiber:
> Jan,
>
> please PLEASE P L E A S E (!) read the DETAILS.in the next time to you
> ANY modifications on the new XOrg 7.0 modules. Your newest commits do
> add several tools but they also break $X11R7_PREFIX as you didn't honor
> that prefix AT ALL!
>
> Secondly, please don't comment old stuff like you did in the xorg-server
> module! And whats it with the reason "works better with dri"??!! You
> should've asked either Elangelo or me FIRST .. or at least you could've
> provided a link that actually states "6.4.2 is broken .. use 6.4.1"!.

mesa 6.4.1 was used when xorg 7.0 was released...and i read its required...im
not sure if thats really the case though...its a minor update so it doesnt
really matter if its 1 or 2...heh

> The linux-dri-86 module is absolutely useless as we have mesa-lib for
> it in zbeta already. Moreover, the DRI drivers are built along with
> xorg-server now (thats what the MESA sources are for!).

the xorg-server module doesnt build any libGL or dri drivers. Mesa can be
build as "normal" gl lib or as gl lib with dri enabled. so for dri we need
something like the linux-dri-x86 (my module is a good start).

> I'm asking you seriously that you should really KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING
> before you do anything else in the future ..

talking to yourself? :P

> Jesus ..

jansus ^^)