udev

sofar sofar at foo-projects.org
Wed Feb 22 17:10:19 UTC 2006

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 14:18:17 +0100, Moritz Heiber <moe at lunar-linux.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to add udev to the list of sustained modules. Also, I
> would strongly suggest that we test any further update to udev and any
> other vital components (especially those on the sustained list) more
> carefully to avoid the fuzz that just came up with the latest updates.
>
> That means, if there's an update and somebody thinks the update's worth
> it write a mail to the list (like you actually did a couple of times
> before .. just not for udev this time ;-) and let the others know
> about/be able to test the update.

udev is on the list of core modules that are included on the ISO and
therefore is considered "a vital component". Adding stuff to the 'sustained'
list doesn't really change a whole lot other than internal package handling
code that actually might break stuff - I'd like to keep udev out of there
since udev upgrades don't need it to be sustained (the sustained list is
for other purposes)

Auke