[Lunar-commits] r18800 - moonbase/trunk/filesys/udev

Dennis Veatch dveatch at woh.rr.com
Tue Feb 21 12:53:03 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 21 February 2006 07:18, Zbigniew Luszpinski wrote:
> > and my system just turned out unbootable thanks to the new udev...
> > thnx florin...
>
> The new udev 085 does not build udevstart by default anymore. That is why
> it makes lunar unbootable. You can build udev 085 with udevstart on another
> linux and copy udevstart to /sbin directory on lunar box. This will make
> lunar bootable again. I do not remember how I built udev 085 with
> udevstart. I had to drop udev 085 because its udevstart is in conflict with
> usb firmware loader (the firmware will be loaded only when udevstart will
> not be executed). I use udev 075 now.
>
> greetings,
> zbiggy

You may have some other problem. 085 compile log;

root at sidney /dev # lvu compile udev | grep udevstart
  CC       udevstart.o
  LD       udevstart
  STRIP    udevstart
/usr/bin/install -c -D udevstart /sbin/udevstart
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 -D udevstart.8 /usr/share/man/man8/udevstart.8

The problem as I see it is this line;

run_with_msg " * Mounting /dev" "mount -n -t tmpfs tmpfs /dev -o
size=4m,mode=0755"

was removed from /etc/init.d/mount

Locally I added that back and my system now boots.

The remaining problem I have is /etc/init.d/udev does not get started on boot
and I have to manually start it.
--
You can tuna piano but you can't tune a fish.