RC3 and hda

Dennis Veatch dveatch at woh.rr.com
Wed Feb 8 15:40:29 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 08 February 2006 10:26, sofar wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Feb 2006 07:34:17 -0500, Dennis Veatch <dveatch at woh.rr.com> wrote:
> > On my scsi only system, the partitioning phase allowed me to choose
> > between /dev/sda and /dev/sdb and all the rest was ok.
> >
> > On a IDE only system (/dev/hda and /dev/hdc) it did not show me /dev/hdc
> > and
> > had to drop to terminal to run cfdisk. Then at the Partition Selection
> > Menu
> > it did show /dev/hdc but here were my choices for that drive;
> >
> > /dev/hdc
> > /dev/hdc1
> > /dev/hdc2
> >
> > The partitions for hda were shown correctly, that is not the whole device
> > itself (/dev/hda).
>
> boot the iso again on that box, and show me the output of /proc/partitions
> pls!
>
> Auke

cat /proc/partitions

major           minor            #blocks        name
3                         0            9999864             hda
3                         1             97620                 hda1
3                         2               97776               hda2
3                         3               8925336           hda3

22                       0              13294008          hdc
22                       1                2929216          hdc1
22                       2               10364256         hdc2

--
You can tuna piano but you can't tune a fish.