64bit iso

Auke Kok sofar at foo-projects.org
Sat Dec 23 16:32:10 CET 2006

Samuel Verstraete wrote:
> Sofar,
>
> Is there any valid reason to have the lib64 > lib symlink ? I'm trying
> to solve the NVIDIA binary driver of 64 bit but that symlink seems to
> be a real pain. So how necessary is this? Who told you to have it? Any
> documentation on this?

the current system is not able to handle multilib, and NVIDIA does not support a
non-multilib setup. That's nvidia's problem, not mine, it is trivially simple for them
to make it work, but not for me.

As I said before, making a multilib 64/32-bit lunar setup is a bit more work than just
snap your fingers. Feel free to try to change it yourself and see how it works without
the symlink etc.

Auke