irqbalance and gccmakedep

Dennis Veatch dennisveatch at bellsouth.net
Wed Dec 13 17:26:23 CET 2006

On Wednesday 13 December 2006 10:41, Dennis Veatch wrote:
> irqbalance fails a lin because I don't have gccmakedep installed. Yeah ok.
> easy thing lin gccmakedep. Execpt I don't see this a really being needed,
> unless I'm overlooking something.
>
> The only instance of gccmakedep in the Makefile is;
>
> # rule for building dependency lists, and writing them to a file
> # named ".depend".
> .depend:
>         rm -f .depend
>         gccmakedep -f- -- $(CFLAGS) -- *.c > .depend
>
> But gccmakedep is used to call 'gcc -M' and there's none of that I could
> see. So replaced gccmakedep with make and there were no errors.
>
> This is probably much ado about nothing, just annoyed I need to install
> something else on a server that doesn't have a GUI of any sort or anything
> Xorg related.

Well did a sedit changing gccmakedep to make and lined it. Didn't like that,
hung at the "-f- -- $(CFLAGS) -- *.c > .depend". Odd though doing it from cli
worked.

This'll suck if I have to install XOrg just to get gccmakedep since it looks
for the rc file.
--
You can tuna piano but you can't tune a fish.

Lunar Linux, it's worth the spin.
http:/lunar-linux.org