check fastest mirror

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Tue Aug 29 16:19:14 UTC 2006

> > any idea how this could look like (in code i mean)?
> >
> > Cheers Jean
>
> Sample to check at home :-)
> Chooses .be (Belgium) mirror for XOrg module.
> This is fast, sample code stright typed from mind so do not expect magic.
> If lunar community will like it we can make it more flexible then. This is
> just example, raw idea.
>
> cat /var/lib/lunar/moonbase/x11/XOrg/DETAILS | grep _URL | grep be/
>
> zbiggy

Some servers just have .com without country name.
We could use international telephone dialing codes in place of source_url[0]
e.g. source_url[048] for Poland or source_url[049] for Germany and then force
lunar to first check mirrors at home country numbers (and neighbours)  then
use mirror order inside details file. This is just remake of my July 2005
idea: http://foo-projects.org/pipermail/lunar/2005-July/005625.html

zbiggy