Just for the record

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Fri Apr 21 23:26:32 UTC 2006

Hey all,

v3rt1g0 asked me to post a short bio or something here, so this is what
I'd like to do in this mail.

You may have noticed my name in the "updated modules" section on
lunar-linux.org already as I added a bunch of new modules during the
the last two or three days. I'm a rather new Lunar user, I've been
using it for four days only. So you may ask "Huh?! Were did he win his
developer account?" I'll explain below.

First of all, I'm an almost-21 year old computer science student and
occasional programmer from Germany. I've been using Linux for about
three years, mostly using Fedora and Ubuntu. I tried Lunar about three
times, but never got around some critical problems during the setup -
as you can see, it finally worked.

I'm involved in Xfce, where I am responsible for the new GUI installer
at the moment. This where Auke and the others (Moe, perldude,
ElAngelo) me from and this also is one of the reasons why I got
developer access so fast - I've been working with Subversion for quite
some time (so I know how to use it) and have not caused any trouble on
the servers (mocha and espresso) so far.

At the moment I'm busy adding programs to moonbase which I've used
before switching to Lunar and which I'm missing right now. During this
summer I'll work on a project idea of Moe, which might bring a kind of
SVN quality assurance into the Lunar repository.

That's it, I think. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. To
anticipate at least two questions: Yes, I have long hair - but no, I'm
not a woman.

Thanks for the attention,
Jannis