FYI: [Fwd: wget 1.10.x: New option --random to randomize the dns result]

Jerry Lundström prox at lunar-linux.org
Wed Apr 19 06:17:57 UTC 2006

Jerry Lundström wrote:
> I hope they accept the patch so we can once again do true round robin
> mirroring!

They seem very unwilling to apply this patch, they don't want to add
functionallity to wget that solves "not-their"-problem.

If noone objects I think we should use it anyway and I am going to add
an option '--retry-4xx'. Like '--retry-connrefused' (which I hope we
use??) it would retry next ip in the address list if the url gave an error.

That in all would give "our" wget alot more flexability to handle
mirrors that are down or not synced etc...

--
Jerry Lundström, System Developer
The Division of IT and media, Stockholm University, Sweden