svn modules.

Dennis Veatch dveatch at woh.rr.com
Tue Sep 20 11:34:57 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 20 September 2005 06:27 am, Jens Luedicke wrote:
> On 9/18/05, samuel verstraete <samuel.verstraete at gmail.com> wrote:
> > of course you immediately see the problem... there is no tarball in
> > the svn tree... what the thing actually should do is checking out the
> > svn source...
> >
> > any ideas?
>
> yes. you need to use the svn checkout notation. I can't look it up atm.
> I think I still have my xfce svn modules somewhere...

I was trying to figure out the samething. The current ffmpeg bombs on the
libavcodec with some undefined references. Long story short. The ffmpeg folks
encourage, recommend the cvs version be used. So here is the part of DETAILS
that downloads the cvs directory, tars it, extracts to SORUCE_DIRECTORY, etc;

          MODULE=ffmpeg
         VERSION=cvs
          SOURCE=$MODULE-cvs.tar.bz2
SOURCE_DIRECTORY=$BUILD_DIRECTORY/$MODULE
   SOURCE_URL=cvs://:pserver:anonymous@mplayerhq.hu:/cvsroot/ffmpeg:ffmpeg

For a while I could not figure out why it was not working because I was using
$MODULE on the SOURCE_URL lin. Changing it to ffmpeg instead worked. I also
noticed the build then would fail with tar extraction if I used "gz".
Changing it to "bz2" worked.

Anyway hope this helps.