kismet

Jens Luedicke jens.luedicke at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 10:38:40 UTC 2005

Hiya...

I just found that note on the kismet site:

Mon Aug 15 2005 - Released version 2005-08-R1 to address all currently
known security issues with Kismet. ALL USERS SHOULD UPGRADE
IMMEDIATELY. I still don't have details on the exact exploits
discussed at Defcon, but since no data has been forthcoming on
vulnerabilities this release addresses all currently known problems
discovered, including better support for nonprintable characters in
the SSID, heap attack vectors removed, and potentially vulnerable
behavior reading malformed pcapfiles from disk. This release also
contains minor updates and bugfixes to other components.

The kismet in moonbase is slightly outdated and doesn't work
with ipw2200. Upgrading might be a good idea.

jens

--
Jens Luedicke
web: http://perldude.de/