[Lunar-commits] r16317 - in moonbase/trunk/graphics: . xpm

Dennis Veatch dveatch at woh.rr.com
Mon Sep 12 12:24:49 UTC 2005

On Sunday 11 September 2005 05:29 pm, Chad R. Kittel wrote:
> Dennis Veatch <stumbles at lunar-linux.org> [Fri, 02 Sep 2005 20:40:39
>
> +0000 (UTC)]:
> > Author: stumbles
> > Date: 2005-09-02 20:40:36 +0000 (Fri, 02 Sep 2005)
> > New Revision: 16317
> >
> > Added:
> >    moonbase/trunk/graphics/xpm/
> > Modified:
> >    moonbase/trunk/graphics/xpm/DETAILS
> > Log:
> >
> > An optional depends for ImageMagick.
> >
> > Compiled/tested with gcc-3.4.4, glibc-2.3.5.
>
> Question about this.  Why is this something that we want?

For now it's there if you want it. I added it because I saw during the
configure phase a module was looking for it. It wasn't a fatal dependency
which is why it's optional.

Your question did prompt me to look at the ImageMagick compile log and I
cannot find that in there. It's possible I added this to ImageMagick
mistakenly. I will look further into that.

> Doesn't this conflict with the xpm code that is nativly (and currently)
> installed and maintained with XOrg?

AFAICT and see, on my system there has been no issues with XOrg. Has it caused
problems for you? Looking in the XOrg source tree there is a "extras/xpm"
section. Looking in there, it appears the xpm module I made and the source
tree are the same. So maybe the problem I saw was not xpm but the configure
process of whatever the module was that I cannot remember right now.

> Once XOrg 7.0 (the modular tree) is  added to the moonbase i think
> we would have a libXpm as that would be one of the modularized XOrg libs.

I know very little about 7.0 and only recently discovered their plans so at
this point cannot really say. If there is a problem with the xpm module I
have no problem at all with yanking it out.

Sorry for the delay in answering. Was deconstructing a bathroom this weekend.