/etc/hosts missing installing with 1.5.0

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Thu May 26 14:29:33 UTC 2005

Remco wrote:

>Auke Kok wrote:
>

>>Remco wrote:
>>

>>>after having installed a new workstation with iso 1.5.0, /etc/hosts
>>>wasn't installed, although the rest of the system works fine. Maybe this
>>>can ne resolved rather easily by having lnet set up /etc/hosts and
>>>filling it with at least localhost and the hostname?
>>>
>>>We're using dhcpd, so might be related to that...?
>>>

>>no it's a bug on the 1.5.0 ISO that was spotted by Moe two days ago.
>>dhcp doesn't touch those files so you need to create them manually. If
>>you wish to retreive the default files then cd into /etc/ and get the
>>following URLS straight from the (fixed) ISO build code:
>>

>so downloading a new ISO would fix this for future installs?

Yes. Unfortunately we don't have a newer version out yet but as I
announced earlier I am confident that a lot of silly bugs that you
really don't find when installing as a developer in a sandbox will have
popped up and been fixed.

That would make it worthwhile to release 1.5.1 within 2 months or so.
Those who really need those 3 files are probably *much* better off
downloading 3 files then an entire ISO (including the x-week wait). ;^)

sofar