Loopy dependencies

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at lunar-linux.org
Thu May 26 06:02:44 UTC 2005

Moritz Heiber wrote:

>A user just pointed me to some loopy dbus dependencies:
>
>dbus -> [gtk-shark] -> libgnomeui -> libbonoboui -> libgnome -> gnome-
>vfs2 -> [hal] -> dbus
>
>Since either of those optional_depends seems quite useful to the parent
>applications I'm sort of clueless as to wether I should remove one of
>them or do something else. Any ideas?

I presume gtk-sharp will be automatically picked up if available? So,
I'd say remove the gtk-sharpt optional dependency and people who want
the bindings have to install it first or rebuild dbus after installing
gtk-sharp.

This is a real circular dependency, not a packaging error, so there is
no way a source distro can properly handle this,  i think :(

    Jasper