module: glibc

Jerry Lundström prox at lunar-linux.org
Fri May 20 16:23:22 UTC 2005

Moritz Heiber wrote:
> On Fri, 20 May 2005 16:08:43 +0200
> Jerry Lundström <prox at lunar-linux.org> wrote:
>

>>Moritz Heiber wrote:
>>
>>>Sorry Jerry, but I understand absolutely zero of what you're talking
>>>about ;-)
>>
>>Check the POST_INSTALL, it depends on you having either of the
>>headers installed. I don't have any of them.
>>
>>What I really mean is this: Shouldn't it be okey to make the
>>POST_INSTALL check if 2.4 headers or 2.6 headers are installed and
>>then reinstall them insteed of reinstalling 2.4 headers if not 2.6
>>headers are installed?
>

> It might just be me .. but whaaa?

POST_INSTALL:

if ! module_installed kernel-headers-2.6 ; then
   mv /var/lock/installing.glibc /var/lock/installing.$$
   lin -c kernel-headers-2.4
   mv /var/lock/installing.$$ /var/lock/installing.glibc
fi

This installs kernel-headers-2.4 based upon if kernel-headers-2.6 isnt
installed.

And that is wrong!

I'd rather see this:

if module_installed kernel-headers-2.4 ; then
   mv ...
   lin -c kernel-headers-2.4
   mv ...
fi