1.5.0pre3 iso bugs

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Fri May 20 10:07:45 UTC 2005

Jerry Lundström wrote:

>1. Disc sort order was based on part and not disc which makes the list
>very confusing. This should be based on disc then part.

didn't spot that... I'll check that out (don't have any 2-hd systems
right now)

>2. When installing a precompiled kernel the lilo.conf was wrongly made.
>A kernel -r9 was added that didnt exist and boot= root= options was
>added at the bottom which made lilo quark.
>root= and boot= should be added before any image configurations. The
>missing kernel isnt really a problem since lilo will continue if one
>kernel exist.

this is already fixed.

>3. After installing and configuring lilo successfully the installer
>didnt continue. You had to select Exit which isnt really good
>description of the next step.

I was looking for this problem already, I'll take another look.

>4. Selecting a keyboard map didnt work at all.
>
>5. Selecting a console font didnt work at all.

Known, should be fixed already

>6. When the installation is finished its says that you should unmount
>the cdrom and when you do that before selecting finishing install
>/sbin/shutdown can't be found =)))

??? also something I don't get/understand

>7. After booting the mount order IS STILL WRONG! =) /var/lock|run can't
>be mounted since /var gets mounted after.

This is a BUG in the MOUNT script. The mount script doesn't sort by
mountpoint at all, and it really should be fixed *there* instead.

can you try to explain those unclear things to me a bit more?

Auke