Gnome 2.10

Jan Eidtmann cmak at lunar-linux.org
Thu Mar 17 08:15:32 UTC 2005

Hello,

im currently working on 2.10 modules.
I wanna discuss about the module structure.
Currently the gnome modules are kinda confusing structured imo.
im thinking about using the structure used on the gnome ftp:
http://www.gnome.org/start/2.10/ (please scroll down to sources)

so we'll have three Gnome 2.x.x.x.x.x.x sections:

gnome-platform/ gnome-desktop/ gnome-bindings/

instead of

gnome2-apps/    gnome2-extras/  gnome-desktop/
gnome2-applets/ gnome2-core/    gnome-bindings/

dunno about the extras section as im currently just finished the first
(gnome-platform) section. i want to keep the moonbase structure as close
to the structure used on the ftp as possible. though esound and stuff
like that, (not special gnome stuff) stays where it is. ill also move
some explicit gnome modules from libs/ (or whatever) to
gnome-platform...

please comment on this as i dont want to hurt anyones feelings
(especially nick hudson's, who made the current structure).

thanks,
cmak