wiki.lunar-linux.org needs your assistance!

Jon South striker at lunar-linux.org
Mon Mar 7 16:27:59 UTC 2005

Jaime Buffery wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't know about the rest of you, but my 2.6 stuff is just imported to the
> current website via an external link to a html file in my public_html dir. I was
> wondering if I could do the same in the new site, and I found this:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Tools#Importing_HTML
>
> (Would it be interesting?)
>
> If we give it a spin, I'd use it to migrate my docs. One thing I wonder about
> is css, since my layout depends quite a bit on the current one.
>
> TIA,
> nestu ;)))

That's fine if you use a converter to import your docs, but please avoid
relying heavily on HTML or CSS on the new website since the layout and
design will be changing drastically from the current site. I would
prefer the wiki to feel the same between all articles and have a common
markup, layout, and design. This makes the website easier to navigate
for new users and makes finding the information needed much easier for
everyone.

Some things I would like to stress when creating or editing an article
on the wiki site:

* Avoid tables whenever possible, except for pages like the front page,
use div's instead if possible.
* Avoid using CSS to modify text formatting (e.g. font sizes, styles, etc)
* Use the wiki-markup over HTML if possible (except tables...the wiki
syntax for those is impossible to understand...)
* If you've never used a wiki before, please use the sandbox
<http://wiki.lunar-linux.org/index.php/Sandbox> to play around and get
familiar with the wiki -- also, please make heavy use of the preview
button; always preview your changes before submitting them.

-Striker

--
The system requirements said "Windows 95 or better"
So I installed Linux.

Microsoft sells you Windows; Linux gives you the house.

v1sw6CUhw5ln4pr5ck4ma6/7u8Lw3Tm5l6+8GOa21s6Mr2e5+7t5/6TNDVESLFRXMb3Hp0en6/7g9ASTHCNMP
www.hackerkey.com

Registered Linux User: 332618
<http://striker.interhact.net/striker.asc>