submissions guideline change

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Thu Jun 30 11:49:48 UTC 2005

Hi developers and submitters.

in order to distinguish between "updates" and "new modules" I suggest
that we handle them in the submisison queue as follows:

1) new modules (modules that are not in moonbase) are committed with the
full directory structure

2) updates to existing modules are committed as $MODULE-$VERSION.patch
in the /new/ and other directories, and are unidiff formatted patches of
the _changes_ with respect to the current moonbase module

this way we can easily distinguish between new modules and updates, and
it will be easier for developers to work with _updates_. Right now it is
very hard to spot the differences of _updates_ and that makes it
unattractive for anyone to review the outstanding list of submissions.

I hope everyone can agree on this and adjust their work methods accordingly.

sofar