x86-64

Dennis Veatch dveatch at woh.rr.com
Wed Jun 15 11:36:55 UTC 2005

Besides scrudge, is there is anyone else working on a 64 bit version of Lunar?
I tried the x86-64 modules scrudge made available and they did get me a
bootable kernel. Though for some reason the 2.6.6 would not boot my sata only
box. So I changed that to 2.6.11 and it worked fine.

So that's that point I'm at right now and the point I stumble and fall down.
As noted by a few others going 64 bit is more than just a recompile of
everything. Though I did try that starting with changing optimizations to
Athlon and seeing what borked. Gcc went fine (IIRC) but then it was either
glibc or binutils that croaked. Somethings you just have to touch the fire.

Anyway. It appears a way is needed to tell Lunar which apps can be 64 bit and
where to place them.

So anyone that needs a spare box to trash with their ideas look no further.