authentification problems after updating Linux-PAM

Remco remsys at linux-adept.nl
Wed Jun 1 11:30:30 UTC 2005

Auke!

Auke Kok wrote:
> I think I fixed it. Remco: please update moonbase tomorrow and relin BOTH
> shadow and Linux-PAM. Make sure that 'lvu from etc/pam.d/system-auth' and
> 'lvu from etc/pam.d/passwd' list that those files are coming from
> Linux-PAM and shadow accordingly, and whether it properly allows you to
> change passwords again. Thanks

It has been fixed! relinning Linux-PAM and shadow do produce some minor
errors (using todays moonbase #11), but the problem gets solved as long
as you follow the following procedure:

1 lrm Linux-PAM (WITHOUT relinning depending modules!!!)
   (do not log out nor reboot machine now!)
2 rm /etc/pam.d/system-auth if it is still there
3 lin -r -c Linux-PAM
   (answering 'yes' to the 'relin-depending-modules-question'
   won't do you any good, since
   <result>
   /var/lib/lunar/moonbase/security/Linux-PAM/POST_INSTALL:
   line 2: find_pam_aware: command not found
   </result>)
4 lin -r -c shadow

Fixed!

Thanks a lot for your effort!

Remco

PS: minor error at the end of a succesfull 'lin shadow':
install: cannot stat `etc/defaults': Onbekend bestand of map