kernel-headers-2.4 and glibc-2.3.4, starting from moonbase

Jaime Buffery nestu at espresso.foo-projects.org
Mon Jan 31 23:28:20 UTC 2005

Hi everyone,
I have yet again done a glibc test. This time instead of starting from the 1.4.0
iso I have started from moonbase. All went fine. The modules I have tested are:

coreutils
flex
binutils
texinfo
bzip2
perl
autoconf
automake
gawk
ncurses
dialog
diffutils
e2fsprogs
file
gettext
grep
gzip
installwatch
less
m4
make
mktemp
openssl
patch
pcre
procps
readline
sed
tar
unzip
util-linux
wget
which
zlib
bash
findutils
bison
cpio
lunar-tools
rpmunpack
nano
psmisc
glibc
gcc

They have been linned twice. If you want further testing, please say so. If you
don't need further testing, it would be interesting if devs try this upgrade. If
you give a thumbs up, glibc can be bumped in moonbase.

The next thing we have to have in mind in a gcc bump. I can do the testing, too.

BTW, I used gcc 3.3.3 and 2.4.29 headers for my testing.

Ciao,
Jaime :)