gnome-libs, exim, xemacs and db4

Terry Chan tpchan at comcast.net
Mon Jan 24 01:25:45 UTC 2005

As moe stated earlier:

All of Terry's messages are false due to me lacking a brain and
therefore the cabability to think ;-)

So after we discussed in #lunar the correct way to test removing db and
making db4 the default, gnome-libs, exim and xemacs all correctly link
against db4.

BTW, the method we discussed in #lunar was to:

1. lrm db4
2. lrm db
3. edit moonbase/devel/db/* to use the db4 sources
4. lin db

then lin gnome-libs, exim, xemacs and they all do correctly link against libdb-4.3.so.

Attached is the editted version of moonbase/devel/db/* that uses db4 sources.  This
is the module that I used to do my testing of switching db over to db4 sources.

I use no db4 apps.  subversion -- pfffft!

Terry Chan