kernel-headers-2.4 module

Moritz Heiber moe at lunar-linux.org
Fri Jan 21 14:16:33 UTC 2005

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 15:36:53 +0100
Moritz Heiber <moe at lunar-linux.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 14:22:32 +0100
> Jasper Huijsmans <jasper at lunar-linux.org> wrote:
>
> > I would choose (b).
>
> mmm .. guess we could put up a script on espresso that does the job
> automaticly ..
>
> > (c) could be to use redhat (or debian or suse or ...) 2.4 kernel
> > headers, which have been 'sanitized', like the 2.6 headers. Don't
> > know if that is needed or if it is available at all.

So this turns out to be a lot more complicated than I expected it to be.
Basicly, we might have to have a seperate tarball for every kernel
module we currently maintain since the patches applied to the -agr or
-grsec kernels are modfiying the headers too.
So what should we do?

Provide one tarball of kernel headers that comes from the 'pure' kernel
source tree?
Provide seperate tarballs for every kernel module?

or ...

abandon the concept of kernel header modules and go back to linking the
headers from /usr/src/linux to /usr/include/ .. (I can't remember why we
opted against staying around that matter .. anybody willing to remind me
of the reason for it?).

Regards,

Moritz